Sunday 7 September 2014

DIY: Decorating your school books ♡

DIY: DECORATING YOUR SCHOOL BOOKS
Hello my lovelies! Today's post is going to be ANOTHER DIY! I know all of you love my DIY's and I don't know about you guys, but at my school the teachers ask you to cover your books to protect them. Literally EVERYONE covers them in sticky plastic but I thought I could do something different so they l
ook much more nicer and prettier! I hope you enjoy!




WHAT YOU WILL NEED


You will need:
-Your school books
-Patterned paper
-Scissors
-Washi Tape & Clear Tape
-Paper
-Coloured pens
-Sticky gems (optional)




INSTRUCTIONS


STEP 1:
















Get one of your books and a patterned paper of your choice, in this case, I chose paper with stamps on it and my English book.

STEP 2:


Open up your paper as much as you can and open up your Book and put it on top of your paper, but on the NON PATTERNED SIDE as shown in the picture.

STEP 3:


















Cut around your book, but you must leave approximately a 5cm gap on each side, as shown in the picture.

STEP 4:


















Now, with your gap, fold it over as shown in the picture.

STEP 5:


















When you close the book, it should look like this, keep the folded bit inside of the book.

STEP 6:


















Repeat on the other side.

STEP 7:


















Leaving the book closed, on each end of the spine, cut a 1cm strip so the book can switch between pages.

STEP 8:


















At the bottom of the book, fold over like you did with the sides.

STEP 9:


















Over the bottom strip, you just folded, get your tape and tape it down, make sure it goes all the way from edge to edge as shown in the picture.

STEP 10:


















Repeat at the top and the other side of the book.

STEP 11:


















If you would like to, get your tape and put it on the spine of the book to make your school book even more nicer.

STEP 12:


















In each corner, put clear tape so the corners don't get ruined.

STEP 13:


















Now you can put your name, class, subject, ect. on the front. Write it on a piece of plain paper and secure it on with clear tape, I also added a little gem in the corner of the label.

STEP 14:


















Repeat this on as many books as you want!



I hope you all enjoyed this DIY and it inspired you and that my instructions made sense! Haha! Thank you all for reading! I love you all so much!

Love from,
India 

No comments:

Post a Comment